Monday, March 08, 2004

 

Peter the Pseudonym Poacher

Turns out there's another "Piping Fiddler", no less than Bonnie Rideout. Of course, she means "brings a pipes-inspired style to the fiddle", along with a pipe repertoire, which is curiously the exact opposite of what I aspire to do. I play both pipes, and fiddle, and so I only feel a little guilty at poaching the moniker, but guilty nonetheless. I'm sure that if Bonnie took up the pipes, she'd be better than me in no time, and there's no comparison on the fiddle.

So if for any reason you ever read this, Bonnie, sorry!

In other news, made it to the Royal Mile Pub Scottish session for the second time yesterday, and had a blast. I'm still suffering in terms of my small repertoire, but I feel very comfortable as one of the more skilled players in the session environment. I need to drink a little bit less at these things, though, because booze brings out my more manic side. Still, a couple a few pints of Guinness did help with the initial bout of nerves I felt when I started.




<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?