Saturday, June 26, 2004

 

You Had Me at "SFIRE Sanctioned"

Some festivals want you to compete there more than others.

Harrisburg sent me a flier to invite me to compete on pipes there. Me and every piper from NY to VA, apparently. But still a nice gesture, for them to come to us.

The Virginia Scottish Games has one-upped them. I got an invitation to compete on fiddle again, along with an entry form. But included therein was a photo of me from the last time I competed there. It was quite the pleasant surprise, considering that the photo was of my first competition ever, wherein I took 1st in Novice grade. Since Steve and Trisha were running late, they missed my performance, so it's nice to have a record of it. And, naturally, I'm competing there. This time in Open. With luck (and my awesome new bow!), I might even place!


I went to the park to pipe, but had to quit after 15 minutes because I'd blown my lip. That sucks. I'm going to practice in 30 minute increments for the rest of the evening, hopefully that'll build it back up for next week, when I really have to burn the midnight oil practicing.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?