Monday, May 09, 2005

 

The decisions we make at 3 AM

I woke up at 3 AM on Saturday morning to get ready to go to the Bridgeport Highland Games in Bridgeport, WV. Pipe contests in 2/4, 6/8, and a rarity for Grade IV, piobaireachd full score - which means double aggregate points for the year. An hour or so getting ready, and then 4 hours on the road, stay at the games until the score sheets were out, back on the road, home by 4 PM or so.

I quickly decided, instead, that I'd rather spend the next 5 hours in bed.

I got some practice in over the weekend, but I mostly followed up on the song sets Anders and I recorded, practicing the vocal and fiddle parts to Cairn O' Mount and Sergeant Where's Mine.

My competition set on fiddle is sounding pretty good, and I'm hitting the hard technical points more and more reliably. Another week of preparation, and I'm hoping to put on a good show at Nationals next weekend.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?