Monday, August 14, 2006

 

Back in Rehearsals... Sort Of

Well, Chris was MIA for the rehearsal; dunno why (though I'm guessing he was called out of town for work). So Rosemary and I spent 4 hours getting caught up, both personally and musically. We did 5 sets that we had a guitar track from Anders for, and looked at Hector briefly.

At one point, Rosemary exclaimed after going through The Devil's Reels, "Wow, the Scottish and Irish styles are really different! And if you had asked me a year ago, I'd have had no clue!" So despite her protestations of not feeling comfortable with the material yet, I think she's really beginning to get it on a visceral level.

John and I are working on a pipe band setting of The Terror Time for next year's Medley set. That's an odd tune, phrasing-wise.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?