Friday, August 11, 2006

 

My high hand throws suck

That's the bad news. I've almost inverted the long and short notes. So I'm going to have to learn the high hand throws the old fashioned way, just like I learned the low hand ones so long ago.

Other than cutting short some phrase endings, my teacher liked the rest of the ground of the piobaireachd I'm trying to nail down; though he suggested I view a connecting note figure as a tachum instead of a literal melody note reading.

The strathspey and reel have little kinks, but are otherwise coming along well. I need to actually learn the 2/4. Then I'll be ready for competition next year.

I've been totally lax on my fiddle practice recently. But that ends today - Rosemary's back in town, and The Devil's Tailors resume weekly practices starting Sunday.

Costuming news soon.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?