Tuesday, February 19, 2008

 

Back on track

It looks like the Devil's Tailors is back on track here. I secured the National Tartan Day gig, and managed to put together a band for it.

Anders will be available again starting in May, but even with the distance small gigs might be out of his reach. So I've brought on board Jim Stimson, the lute player in my in-the-works Scottish early music ensemble. Jim will be positioned to fill in for either Anders or Chris, and we'll see if we can't expand his role should both be available. And it's looking like I might have Lauren Brenzo as the other fiddler for this gig.

So here's the lineup for this gig:

Pete Walker: Fiddle, Great Highland Bagpipe, Scottish smallpipes, lead and backing vocals, and possibly some whistles/flute
Chris Lindsay: Rhythm guitar (on songs & pipe sets), lead and backing vocals, bodhran, and hand percussion
Jim Stimson: Rhythm 12-string guitar (on fiddle sets), Baroque cittern
Lauren Brenzo: Fiddle, viola

Should be a lot of fun, and I'm looking forward to it. The lineup of two fiddlers is something I'm interested in seeing work out - I imagine it'll be a little like Halali on the fiddle sets and Clandestine on the pipe sets, and you can't go wrong either way.

Update:
And my 2x1200W power amp arrived yesterday. And fell on my foot at one point. Ouch! But we should be positioned well to get a boatload of sound out of the system this time around.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?